Des Moines Water Works (DMWW) is committed to being a vital contributor to the betterment of our community. We will consider contributions and sponsorships with external organizations that advance our mission, vision and strategic initiatives. All requests for in-kind and/or financial support must be made in writing using DMWW’s request form (below) by February 28 of each year. Requests made after this date will be evaluated with the following year’s requests.
DMWW Mission Statement
Des Moines Water Works is a regional utility that protects public health by delivering outstanding quality water in reliable quantities. Operating with fiscal discipline, DMWW offers dynamic and responsive services that provide high value to our customers.
Please review our sponsorship guidelines before you complete the form. The guidelines provided below are aimed at ensuring that our community giving and involvement meet the following goals:
- Provide value to both DMWW and the community
- Reflect appropriate and accountable use of public funds
- Strengthen our outreach efforts
- Enhance DMWW reputation for excellence
Sponsorship and Contribution Guidelines and Considerations*
Support for communities DMWW serves through contributions and sponsorships to civic, nonprofit, education, and business programs, activities and events that:
- Build awareness and appreciation among the public for the value of water as a vital resource
- Build awareness for source water quality and quantity
- Align with our missions, strategic goals and annual budget
- Build support for our core business objectives
- Help build brand awareness of DMWW’s mission, vision and value to the community
*All requests for contributions and sponsorships are subject to budgetary limitations, and awards may be respectfully declined or be less than requested.
Examples of requests that will be considered include:
- Nonprofit and community events that provide messaging and outreach specific to the goals of DMWW initiatives and include activities such as events, programs, conferences or sessions on issues related to water, including trade/industry issues, environmental issues, water conservation, water quality, water reuse/recycling, job opportunities in the water industry, or other activities which serve to provide information on DMWW
- Educational programs and activities related to DMWW’s outreach strategies
- Economic development activities related to DMWW’s missions and strategic goals
Requests for the following will NOT be considered:
- Donations or sponsorships to individuals
- Groups that discriminate on any basis
- Political events, parties, candidates or issues
- Endowment or capital campaigns
- Religious organizations, unless for the general community benefit and not promoting any religious doctrine
- Activities, organizations or causes that are not related to DMWW’s missions and goals.
- Activities that serve a specific staff/ board member’s interest, such as youth sporting events, school fundraisers, and other events that do not align with DMWW’s goals
How to submit a sponsorship or contribution request:
- All requests for in-kind or financial support must be made in writing using the Sponsorship Request Form
- Requests must be submitted for consideration by February 28 of each year
- Awards will be communicated by March 31 of each year
- After funds are allocated, a follow-up report will be required within 60 days after the event, activity or implementation of program
For additional information or questions, please contact External Affairs Manager.