Des Moines Water Works (DMWW) plays a key role in providing WATER YOU CAN TRUST FOR LIFE. Supplying approximately 500,000 Central Iowans with safe, affordable and abundant drinking water is Des Moines Water Works’ priority.
As a regional water utility, Des Moines Water Works responsibly invests in maintenance and upgrades to critical infrastructure that supports or supplies water to the residents of Des Moines and surrounding communities. The job of Des Moines Water Works is even more important in providing the “Liquid Asset” that Central Iowa needs to survive and thrive as source water degradation continues to occur. That’s why Des Moines Water Works encourages all water users to Think Downstream about their actions and the effects they have on this vital natural resource.
Des Moines Water Works employees are proud to be represented by AFSCME Iowa Council 61 and its affiliate, Local 3861.
Des Moines Water Works' Vision
Leading, advocating and investing today to deliver water you can trust for life.
Des Moines Water Works' Mission
Des Moines Water Works is a regional utility that protects public health by delivering quality water in reliable quantities. Operating with fiscal discipline, DMWW offers dynamic and responsive services that provide high value to our customers.
Des Moines Water Works' Core Values
We meet our mission with:
- Service: We are committed to exceeding customer expectations and anticipating future needs.
- Responsibility: We take fiscal responsibility in our operations and care for utility assets, including utilizing our land resources, for the public good and enjoyment.
- Stewardship: We are mindful of our collective responsibility to protect and improve our limited natural resources for the benefit and use of future generations.
- Innovation: We encourage employees to challenge traditional approaches, develop best in class practices, and seek opportunities to apply emerging technologies.
- Productivity: We are inspired by the importance of the work we do and demonstrate our commitment through the results we achieve.
- Expertise: We embrace employee life-long learning to maximize our knowledge, skills, and abilities insuring sound procedures and practices.
- Partnership: We build cooperative relationships through effective joint ventures within industry, government and our community.
- Trust: We create open relationships and produce a strong, ethical organization through mutual respect, honesty, genuine communication and commitment to trust.
- Diversity: We appreciate our diverse backgrounds and cultures and value each other’s contributions.
- Safety: We are committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities where we operate.